Friday, August 27, 2010

While doing my History of the Arts homework...

I was tasked to search for Neoclassicism's fashion and decided to borrow a book since I had a huge confusion as to where Neoclassicism really started. Using the OPAC in the library, I stumbled upon this book. (Oh, btw, the cover is by Issey Miyake)



It show's a timeline of the fashion in the 18th century upto the 20th century. It's really good to see the fashion before and how we could see a little bit of a resemblance to them now.

Chanel's usual ensemble. The cardigan and the knee-length skirt, pearls, and a carnation flower pinned on the jacket. (At least I think it's carnation)



This is Jeanne Lanvin from 1940-1944. I love the style of the pockets which, I must say, inspires me to draw something more modern.



This Christian Dior dress made in 1949, I wouldn't mind wearing. HA!



If I'm not mistaken, this is also a Chanel cardigan. Stupid me to forget the label of the cardigan. Pfft.



The dress on the left is cool with its optical illusion thing going on during 1965. The one on the left with the eye print is a poster paper dress by Harry Gordon in 1968. Very modern and I wouldn't mind wearing the dresses as well.



An Andy Warhol inspired dress. BOUND TO HAPPEN MIGHT I SAY! It's called a "Souper dress", a paper dress made in 1961.




And of course, as I was flipping through the book, I was wondering if Vivienne Westwood would be here since she is like the GODDESS of Punk, et voila! Here she is. A t-shirt made by Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren for Seditionaries. I wouldn't mind wearing this one too but I bet my mom would freak and kill me with a hammer or something. Oh, and of course, my brother's glare would turn me to stone and in his thoughts would be "WTF ARE YOU WEARING?!?! ARE YOU F***ING INSANE?!?!" and death would just strike me right then and there.



The shoes are funny and weird and cute but I wouldn't wear one though, it's just not my thing. Reminds me of Japanese people and the Margiela boots/shoes.



These cool. They are not toys nor are they miniatures. They are real shoes looking like real food! LIKE. WOAH!!! They were made in 1980 by Kumagai and they look soooo adorable that I wouldn't mind having a pair of those sundaes stilletos.

Tokio Kumagai Tabero Kutsu/"eating shoes" 1984



But to be honest, I'm really eyeing the beef brogues. *drools*




These are cute pumps. Ones a guy and the other a girl, I can't tell which is which..soooo, yeah... :))



Now, what would the 20th century be without Rei Kawakubo and Comme des Garcons?! This dress is awesome that I wouldn't mind wearing it going to the mall or to the grocery store. Come to think of it, the grocery store would be an awesome place to be in with this dress. MMMmmmm, the white-tiled aisles of section 6 for the canned goods area with your empty (or full, but I suggest empty) push cart. AWESOME EDITORIAL IDEA! =))
Rei Kawakubo Comme des Garcons 1983


This one's a Yohji Yamamoto. Awesome too! :D Described as colorless and rag-likecolorless and rag-like...it sounds soooo cooolll!!! I bet people would "head-to-toe" me if I wear one of these around town. But before I do, my mom would've killed me thinking I must be crazy into wearing something that looks like a rag. =))




ph: from The Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute FASHION: A History from the 18th to the 20th Century. (GOT IT FROM DE LA SALLE COLLEGE OF SAINT BENILDE'S LIBRARY AND SCANNED THEM, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CRAPPY SCANNING)

No comments:

Post a Comment